Brandon Coleman’s Greater Shiloh Testimony
On Sunday, June 24, 2018, I attended Greater Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church the first time. Ever since my initial visit here, I realized that I wanted to make this ministry my new church home. Unfortunately, I was not quick to join the congregation despite my initial visit, so I decided to keep on visiting the church and listen to Pastor Wesley’s great messages that have so much meaning, depth, and insight. While attending Greater Shiloh, I had a few brief setbacks in my life which included, homelessness, unemployment, a brief illness, and illness to my aunt, which landed her in the hospital for a few months. Despite all these trials in my life, I remained steadfast on attending Greater Shiloh and listening to Pastor Wesley’s sermons since they incorporated setbacks from people in both the Old and New Testament. With these messages, I realized that there will be setbacks not only in my life but other people’s life, and like Jesus mentioned in Luke Chapter 12 that Christians like me must continue to “Seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.” While life has not been perfect, God has made ways that I am no longer homeless, have a part-time job, and my and my aunt’s illness have subsided. In addition, the great fellowship that I have with the members of Greater Shiloh, in particular, the Young Adult Ministry made me realized that it was time for me to make Greater Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, my new church home.
1st Quarter Stewardship
- Provided Financial Support for Aleah Rupert’s Participation in the National Youth Leadership Forum: Medicine at Emory University
- Provided Family Assistance/Benevolence to 3 Families
- Provided Family Bereavement – $1,559.00
- Christmas @ Shiloh – More than 400 people shopped 30,000 gift items at no cost
6 Ways To Give Here At Greater Shiloh
1. Give online through SecureGive
2. Give by using our CashApp Tag – $GreaterShilohMBC
3. Give using PayPal by clicking here
4. Give by utilizing your bank’s Bill Pay Service to have checks automatically cut and mailed to the church.
5. Give by mailing our gift directly to the church at 2135 Jefferson Avenue SW, Birmingham, Al. 35211.
6. Give on Sunday or during other worship services using a church envelope. Simply fill it out, including your envelope #, enclose your contribution and drop it in the offering plate as it passes.
Call To Action
- Meditate on these scriptures:
- “Jesus receives and praises an extravagant gift!” (Matthew 26:6-13)
- “How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me?” (Psalm 116:12)
- Donate Now using one of the 6 ways listed above
- “No one has ever become poor from giving” – Anne Frank & Maya Angelou
For questions or issues related to online giving or ways to give in general, please contact Shirley Davis, Stewardship Director at 205.925.9750 or 9751 ext. 208 or at email@example.com.